Skin micro needling is effectively used for:
- Improves scars especially acne scars
- Reduces pore size
- Stimulates circulation and collagen production
- Improves the appearance of stretch marks
- Reduces fine lines and deep wrinkles
- Stimulates tissue regeneration
Skin needling is also called micro-needling therapy or collagen induction therapy. It is a minimally-invasive non-surgical procedure for facial rejuvenation that involves the use of a micro-needling device to create controlled skin injury and break down old scar tissue. As a result it creates the formation of new tissue layers of elastin and collagen fibers as well as new capillaries for improved skin.
As each fine needle punctures the skin, it creates a channel or micro-wound. The controlled injury triggers the body to fill these micro-wounds by producing new collagen and elastin in the papillary dermis. Micro-needling can be performed on all skin types, including ethnic skin. Most people will experience redness and mild swelling like after a mild sunburn. You will quickly notice that your skin is smoother and softer and the full effects will be seen a few month later. Micro needling can be safely repeated every 2 - 4 weeks until you achieve the desired results. For collagen induction we recommend to start with 3 treatments with a minimum separation time of 4 - 6 weeks between treatments. For scar reduction an average of 3 to 6 treatments are recommended.
The number of treatments required will depend on how each individual responds to the treatments. Most people will begin to see results after the very first appointment.
Before the treatment you should not:
- Have a used Accutane (isotretinoin) within the last 3 month
- Have open wounds, cuts or abrasions on the skin
- Have had radiation treatment to the skin within the last year
- Have any current skin infection, condition, herpes simplex, in the area to be treated
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
To ensure the right healing environment, for 2-3 days do not use AHA’s (Glycolic Acid), retinol, acidic or “active” ingredients. Also avoid the sun exposure and use zinc based sunblock.
MICRO-NEEDLING Reviews from our Clients